Friendly and Flexible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Suffern, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

I worked at Dress Barn

Pros

Worked over the summer as an intern. Treated very fairly and was paid well compared to other options. Provided good experience.

Cons

Some of the work was menial, but once I demonstrated my competency I was allowed to take on more interesting tasks.

Department managers seemed busy with meeting with other departments and was often not available. Could provide more secondary level authority within departments.

Other Reviews for Dress Barn

What a Joke

Current Employee - ????  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - ???? in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros

Great co-workers and good discount

Cons

Unrealistic goals in sales and charges. And i dont understand why theres such a thing called CHARGE SCHOOL!!! its the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard of why punish us for something we are trying to work hard at and help you the Store Managers Again this company is a joke.

Stop talking down to assistant managers you say you want to better employees but all your doing is hurting peoples feelings i dont understand why its necessary to talk badly to your fellow employees their trying to help you. Its obvious that dress barn is a joke. And also to all higher ups i dont get you all you care about is how you look and dont even notice anybody else besides managers and assistant managers im really disappointed in this company.

coaching

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Kimball, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kimball, MI

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros

Strong company
    Great benifits
    Great teaching tools
    Leaders for many fundraisers
    Company sometimes matches contrabutions
    Programs to help struggling associates

Cons

The only downside, store manager not walking the talk. 2 years of coaching for hostility,temper,unfair treatment, and aggressive behavior is still not resolved.

The company guidelines are great., not always used. Assistant mangers need to be heard, without retalition from store manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Dress Barn.

Worked for Dress Barn? Contribute to the Community!