Dress Barn

Disappointing and Enlightening

Current Employee - Web Developer in Suffern, NY
Current Employee - Web Developer in Suffern, NY

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros

Friendly staff, decent benefits, corporate pride regarding achievements in retail clothing sales. Very much oriented to clothing design and purchase.

Cons

Management has attitude that Dress barn is one of few companies (on clothing retail?) outside of New York City so there is no need to be competitive in compensation. Management is poorly trained in employee relations. Little concern for retaining employees. Very little investment or interest in employee growth outside of buyers and designers.

Outsource IT or take greater interest in IT operations.Managers need training in employee motivation skills, negotiation skills, Time management, IT managers need training in Project Management.

189 Other Employee Reviews for Dress Barn (View Most Recent)

Friendly and Flexible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

I worked at Dress Barn

Pros

Worked over the summer as an intern. Treated very fairly and was paid well compared to other options. Provided good experience.

Cons

Some of the work was menial, but once I demonstrated my competency I was allowed to take on more interesting tasks.

Department managers seemed busy with meeting with other departments and was often not available. Could provide more secondary level authority within departments.

What a Joke

Current Employee - ???? in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - ???? in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Dress Barn

Pros

Great co-workers and good discount

Cons

Unrealistic goals in sales and charges. And i dont understand why theres such a thing called CHARGE SCHOOL!!! its the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard of why punish us for something we are trying to work hard at and help you the Store Managers Again this company is a joke.

Stop talking down to assistant managers you say you want to better employees but all your doing is hurting peoples feelings i dont understand why its necessary to talk badly to your fellow employees their trying to help you. Its obvious that dress barn is a joke. And also to all higher ups i dont get you all you care about is how you look and dont even notice anybody else besides managers and assistant managers im really disappointed in this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Dress Barn