Dresser-Rand
www.dresser-rand.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Regret joining Dresser-Rand

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some positions which allow functional specialization. D-R has some experienced engineers who have spent time with the company working in a particular specialization and have developed a reputation in their field.

ConsManagement seems to be more interested in cutting costs rather than product development. Poorly documented procedures. Heavy reliance on procedures started by some "key" people without any questions. Management hires/fires personnel easily and are easily perturbed by stock market.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of outsourcing, develop talents in house. Retain specialists rather than treating them as dispensable good to haves. Too many managers - not many to do the actual work.

Great place to learn, but limited opportunity for internal advancement

I have been working at Dresser-Rand

Pros: Great experience initially. Learned a lot from my co-workers… Cons: No opportunities for advancement for young professionals. Many had left or were leaving when I left. Sr. Executives reside in Houston and seem disconnected from… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on young professionals outside the EMAP program. Reconnect with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Total lack of leadership with Moral low

(Current Employee)
    Peterborough, England (UK)

I have been working at Dresser-Rand

Pros: You can easily avoid working hard Management backs down when… Cons: no leadership, treat workforce as if they don't matter. No control from above, lack of involving the workforce. Moral is rock bottom , with nearly 40… Advice to Senior Management: talk and discuss direct face to face with the workforce What is the plan for this site over the next 3… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dresser-Rand.

Worked for Dresser-Rand? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dresser-Rand reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dresser-Rand CEO Vince Volpe Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Dresser-Rand employees.