Dresser-Rand

www.dresser-rand.com

Serious Issues in Finance, Accounting, and Internal Audit

Finance, Accounting, and Internal Audit (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company overall pays very well and you get 3 weeks of vacation right of the bat. There is an option to buy an extra week of vacation. However, there is no work / life balance.

ConsI only spent few months in this company due to the negative environment in the finance department. There is a high turn over rate and employees are extremely unhappy there.

Management tends to talk you down and even cross the line by yelling and screaming.

The company overall pays very well and you get 3 weeks of vacation right of the bat. There is – more... an option to buy an extra week of vacation. However, there is no work / life balance.

Also, forget about all the extra perks you may get in bigger companies.

Overall, the culture in D-R is very harsh and cold

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect is key in a work environment. There is northing wrong with getting to know the people that work for you.

Horrible company to work for, treats employees like a machine with no brains.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dresser-Rand

Pros: Co-workers are nice as they are people. Cons: treat employees harshly, never explain what they want-they assume you can read their mind and then when you do something wrong you get wacked… Advice to Senior Management: Management is full of bi-polar people who lie and manipulate their employees. All decisions are based on the dollar, thus the company runs behind… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Demanding, yet very satisfying.

Millwright (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Dresser-Rand full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Pay, better people. Money is good depending on the hours you work. The people that work here… Cons: Extended periods of time away from home. Weeks, months and sometimes several… Advice to Senior Management: On jobs that will be 30 days or longer, offer to fly a spouse or loved one out to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dresser-Rand.

Worked for Dresser-Rand? Contribute to the Community!