In general, my experience has been positive. I have be recongnized and rewarded for my accomplishments.

Current Employee - Senior Product Design Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Product Design Engineer

I have been working at Dresser-Rand

Pros

Always learning new things. For the most part, I enjoy coming to work and I am excited about the job I do.

Cons

Mandated compliance to safety, surveys and other unrelated job activities. Training in systems used through out the company are ineffective.

Let people do their job and stop imposings unproductive inititives that accomplish nothing more then to provide data on a PowerPoint graph.

Other Reviews for Dresser-Rand

Honestly don't apply

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Peterborough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

I have been working at Dresser-Rand

Pros

This is a hard one, i would have to say the best pro about working at this place is going home, but that would be unfair, when dresser-rand acquired Peter Brotherhood Ltd it acquired a team who's morale was high, they have knocked the stuffing out of that but the people remain the only pro for this company

Cons

Management are the con in this company, they honestly do not have a clue about the people who work in PTR, their strengths weakness etc. they have their favoured few and thats it.....upcoming project is called IGT they have in their employee in PTR 3-4 people who are trained in this, have they consulted any of them NO...the favouvered few have been asked to run with it.

Talk to people find out the strengths and weaknesses offer them help where needed value their input even if they are not of the chosen few, for they may just know a bit more than you think, and get the monkey out the top office

Good company, some drawbacks

I have been working at Dresser-Rand

Pros

Interesting and varied work environment due to wide range of rotating equipment. Competitive technology. Dedicated and approachable workforce (middle-management and below).

Cons

Very undeveloped business processes. IT and infrastructure lacking. Significant brow beating on operations side. Slow transition to embrace progressive management practices..lean, PI, etc. No defined strategy/planning function.

Push decision making authority down to those with the data to make an informed decision. Invest in employee development, career planning, IT (Office 97!? really?).

There are newer employer reviews for Dresser-Rand.

Worked for Dresser-Rand? Contribute to the Community!