There are newer employer reviews for Dresser Wayne

Upper management is unfair, too much favoritism going on among management

Current Employee - Multiple Role Position in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Multiple Role Position in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dresser Wayne

Pros

The manufacturing workers (lower paid) is what makes the company enjoyable. They are fun, hard working, and interesting, and easy to get along with. Its convenient, so you dont have to deal with traffic.

Cons

Upper Management, executives, managers, and Human Resources show alot of favoritism among each other. Upper managemnt are lazy at their jobs and other workers doing their job for them. Management gets an increase by 5-10% a year but give other employees a maximum of only 3%. There are employees who do alot for the company and go out of their way to learn new skills but the manager and HR will not help or coordinate with the employee to get fair salaries for their job functions. There are employees who have been there for years who work less than 8hrs a day, slacking, and the manager knows it. This company is unfair and they pick and choose who gets increases based on if they like you and not based on your functions. Our HR team is the worst unethical team I have ever seen. No one wants to leave because there are no other jobs out there at this time. Therefore you have to take the punches and try to get over it. Though several managers includng HR are known to be unethical, no one wants to confront them due to backlash.

You should revamp your HR team,seriously, because thats the main reason why its so much ethical violations going on and managers get away with so much. You should also consider an employee survey to employees about issues at Wayne that need to be addressed. Its so much unfairness going on, people are afraid to speak up for fear of losing job. If you do speak up, they wont "fire" you, but they will try to make work hell for you in order for you to quit on your own. Maybe we just need a new leadership team because there are more men in higher positions than women there and thats another reason why some are mistreated. At least 95% are men. Management in bldg 3 are the worst! Just Ask anyone that works there there opinion about leadership there.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Dresser Wayne (View Most Recent)

Good learning experience.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Dresser Wayne

Pros

Good code architecture. Open communication between employee - management.

Cons

Less recognition and praise of what you offer to the team/project. Lack of motivation.

Employees should be constantly motivated by praises, formal and/or informal incentives.

A Great Internship

Current Employee - Technical Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dresser Wayne

Pros

The technical internship I worked for was a positive experience. My manager and co workers were open and made me feel open to communicate. Basically, easy to get along with. The enviornment was relaxed. A large company, so the daily grind is a factor, however, breaks and flexible hours made up for it.

Cons

Pay could have been higher. Not much technical involvment. However that is up to how aggressive one is willing to be.

I really enjoyed my manager. Efficient with assignments and did not micro manage.

There are newer employer reviews for Dresser Wayne