Dresser Wayne
www.wayne.com Austin, TX

Great in some ways, not so great for technology people

Manager Engineering (Former Employee)

I worked at Dresser Wayne full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery strong company management keeps things moving whatever is happening in the world. Downturns have minimal impact on employees.

ConsSmokestack mentality prevents them from understanding how to invigorate the business with technology innovation. Since this is their strategic goal, the burn up the people they hire to do this for them. They always try to avoid risk instead of trying to spread their bets and get a payoff.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that technology based growth is inherently inefficient, that many failures lie behind each success. Give your bright thinkers the chance to take risks and don't execute them when it doesn't work out. Literally, spread your bets and expect to lose most of them.

Growing pains

I have been working at Dresser Wayne

Pros: The people are great to work with. Cons: Silos in some areas of the organization make getting things… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to start

I have been working at Dresser Wayne

Pros: Good work environment and family friendly when it comes to… Cons: Communication between different environments tends to cause issues Advice to Senior Management: Tend to run to lean Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dresser Wayne.

Worked for Dresser Wayne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dresser Wayne reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dresser Wayne CEO Neil H. Thomas. All reviews posted anonymously by Dresser Wayne employees.