There are newer employer reviews for Drive Medical

Not great, but not bad either

I have been working at Drive Medical

Pros

Benefits, other people, experience in field

Cons

work life balance, compensation is a on the lower side.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Drive Medical (View Most Recent)

DRIVE Medical was a positive freelance experience with a very professional workforce.

Former Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Drive Medical as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Off site freelance. Ease of communication through email, phone and ftp servers.

I worked for a two month off-site freelance gig. I went in-house for a couple of days to ensure that I understood their workflow and had the needed files on my computer. My direct contact was a great instructor and was great to work with over the two month period. Communications through email and on the phone worked great and there was minimal wait time for answers to any questions that arose. Hours were flexible as long as you put in your 8 hours daily and completed your work.

During my time there I was offered a full time job for a different company. Upon discussing my good fortune with my contact, his manager allowed me to continue the freelance at night and during weekends for DRIVE Medical. I was able to complete an addition 20 hours of work for them until the project was completed.

It was a pleasure doing business with them and I would work for them in the future if more freelance becomes available.

Cons

None. The job was exactly as described to me in preliminary meetings.

Worst Freelance Graphic Design Experience

I worked at Drive Medical as a contractor

Pros

I cannot think of one positive experience.

Cons

If you are a Freelance Graphic Designer, do not waste your time here as a temp employee. I worked 2 days in house and it was the most depressing environment that I have ever been in. People here seem absolutely miserable. They informed me before working here that the last freelancer was "incompetent" so they fired him and it seems like they tend to do this a lot with their employees based on reading the reviews below. Even only being there for 2 days, I could sense people walking on eggshells around here. Well all I can say is good luck! No one will want to work for this company unless completely desperate after learning about the culture here. After being set up on the server, you will be supervised by a micro manager who will expect an unrealistic amount of work everyday to be completed. Not only that, but he does not know how to manage other freelance designers. The sever you work off of from home, is incredibly slow so it makes it difficult to have a productive work flow. You will be blamed for this, something that is not in your control. Oh and they give freelancers who work at home a strict schedule that you must follow and the pay is incredibly low as well. This place is an absolute joke. It will not be worth the frustration for only $20/hr after taxes!!!!

Communicate with freelance designers without treating them like 2nd class citizens.

There are newer employer reviews for Drive Medical