DriveTime Automotive Group

www.drivetime.com
  www.drivetime.com
There are newer employer reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

A great place to work if you don't want to move up.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Van Nuys, CA
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

Co-workers, Sunday's off, system shuts down at 10pm

Cons

Hours, senior management, secrecy, misleading information of company, ambiguity

Formulate opinions of employees based on one's experience instead of word of mouth

183 Other Employee Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group (View Most Recent)

Worst Company

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Nothing. Horrible company to work for.

Cons

Horrible management and very low pay.

Great place to work if you need a job right out of college and a male

Current Employee - Operations Advisor
    Current Employee - Operations Advisor

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people really are great to work with and they occasionally have interesting contests like the Halloween costume or the make a commercial ones. If you have the right management the work environment can be fun and you have the potential to learn a lot.

Cons

Unfortunately, you don't always get a great managing staff and if you do, it won't last. They'll move them to stores that need them and send you someone barely qualified to breathe on their own, much less manage. But since you're a store that's recognized as "great" they won't mind sending someone to you for their personal development.

They change management around like they do their underwear and everyone has their own style of "leadership". I've actually been told I was going to move up into a new position by one and they switched mid-training for me. The new manager told me no two weeks before my promotion start date after 6 weeks of training for it.

For most people, don't count on moving up unless you can be "one of the good ol' boys". Managers are frequently making friends with employees and -surprise!-, those are the people moving up. They go golfing and partying and only invite certain people, usually only guys. Good luck if you're a female...females have to fight twice as hard to make it in the company. I haven't seen one above a GM yet and she got demoted. It's not fair at all towards women on the retail side. People aren't moved based on merit at all. You can know more than the people in positions above you but if you're not kissing up to senior management you're not going anywhere.

Management is also not always properly trained. I've had some of the most emotionally immature managers come through our store.

Lately they've been so focused on sales that they're pulling shady moves to get customer into shady cars that have gotten more and more expensive over that past few months with no change in quality and are surprised and upset when customers get mad and return vehicles or take them to court. I don't blame any of them for doing so either.

Also operations isn't paid nearly as much as they should. They run the dealerships, make sure all the titles (which secure the money for the loans they get to buy cars) are done properly, manage dealership budgets and work hours just as crazy as sales but they're paid almost half. Not to mention if the store is understaffed they have to do their job and everyone elses' as well.

Upper management -- stop the fraternization and favoritism. Keep the markets you have stable and stop rewarding mediocrity. Pay your operations more because without them a lot of dealerships would fall apart.

There are newer employer reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!