There are newer employer reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

A great opportunity to gain valuable experience.

Current Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

As an intern, DriveTime has offered me work experience that has proven to be unrivaled to that of my peers. The amount of responsibility and latitude offered surpassed any expectations that I could have ever anticipated. There are also various opportunities to move about within the company. DriveTime has also offered me considerable compensation, which is often hard to find as an intern. I have always been treated with respect, and when I have run into a problem I have always been able find someone help me find a solution. The senior leaders are also willing to help whenever possible. Overall, DriveTime has been a great company for me to gain real-world experience.

Cons

As of right now, I cannot think of any "downsides" of working for DriveTime. While still in college, it is often difficult to find a job/internship where you get the level of respect and development opportunity that I have. I would highly recommend this internship to anyone. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Advice to Management

Again, senior management has been more than willing to help with any project or task. This is one reason working for this company has been so rewarding. I have never felt “below” any other employee during my internship, and have had the opportunity to work directly with senior management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No confidence in management and leadership

Current Employee - Developer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Developer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

Great co-workers that want to do a good job. Talented developers that are frustrated with the lack of management and cronieism. Use to be a company on the bleading edge of technology, now we are a company that is struggling to patch the existing applicaitons we have.

Cons

Absolutely no leadership in IT or from Senior Management. The management in IT is extreamely ineffective and lacks any ability to provide direction and priorities. Co-workers are frustrated and looking for opportunites outside the company.

Advice to Management

This is a sub-prime company that is next in line after Lehman Brothers. I would suggest senior management stop looking out for their wallets and California homes and start managing the company like leaders and not supervisors. No place for egos as clearly there are no results to have an ego. Employee are scared to speak their minds because they have seen what happens to past employees.

A great place to work if you don't want to move up.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

Co-workers, Sunday's off, system shuts down at 10pm

Cons

Hours, senior management, secrecy, misleading information of company, ambiguity

Advice to Management

Formulate opinions of employees based on one's experience instead of word of mouth