Driveline Retail Merchandising

www.drivelineretail.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Driveline Retail Merchandising

Can be a great company to work for with the right amount of work.

Former Employee - Merchandiser
Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, no boss breathing down your neck, not alot of interaction with customers which is good if you aren't really into customer service. I loved that I could make my own hours, as long as everything was done on time. I'm a bit of a neat freak, so cleaning, organizing and setting up and prettying up displays was lots of fun for me! I had about 7 stores plus extra tasks as they came, and I LOVED my job. I usually could get everything done Monday through Thursday and had Friday off. The key is having enough stores to look after.

Cons

It can be very time consuming, and if you don't have over 4 stores, it can be a waste of time. You get X amount of minutes/hours to complete each task, and that only includes your store time; not the time it takes you to print out the plans on your own printer, read the plan and prepare for each plan, or the drive time. You can count your mileage on your taxes at the end of the year as well as any expenses in ink, paper, etc. But if you don't have enough stores, then you always go over your allotted time because you have to get acclimated with it. If you have plenty of stores, you know exactly what you are doing by the 3rd store and can make up any overage you had from your other 2 stores. Reporting any overage time is a pain, and you get nagged at by your manager. Also, I was there for around 3 years and never saw a raise.

Advice to Management

Offer quarterly raises for good workers. Only hire as many workers that will be able to make 30-40 hours a week. Offer more time to complete projects.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Too much work expected for too little pay

Former Employee - PT Merchandiser
    Former Employee - PT Merchandiser

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of schedule allowed the merchandiser to plan a work week to suit his or her time. It was enjoyable to go to different stores and work with lots of different people.

Cons

Must use your own car, no mileage or time reimbursement. You have to print up your own paperwork. You have to put in results of your work on the computer without being paid for this time. If projects take more time than given you have to ask for more time with a written request, this makes you look like you did something too slow or incorrectly, not that they didn't allow enough time for the job. After one year I requested a raise in pay, my manager said she would recommend that I get one, after 6 more months I still did not get my raise.

Advice to Management

Make the merchandisers feel like what they do is important and appreciated. My store managers loved me and hated to see me quit, but I felt like Driveline didn't care if I stayed or left the company. A gift card once in a while to help with gas or printing costs would be nice. A raise after a year of excellent performance would also be appreciated.

Okay Place to Work

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Pros

Assignments are easy
    Team mates are friendly
    Assignments are close to home
    Some scheduling flexibility

Cons

No formal training program, often left to figure out resets individually
    Time studies not accurate for assignments given - some require more time
    May cram too many assignments on the same day

Advice to Management

Should consider implementing a new hire training program for first week on the job to get acclimated to various assignments and assigned stores before sending new person on individual assignments with time constraints.