Driveline Retail Merchandising
www.drivelineretail.com Irving, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Can be a great company to work for with the right amount of work.

Merchandiser (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, no boss breathing down your neck, not alot of interaction with customers which is good if you aren't really into customer service. I loved that I could make my own hours, as long as everything was done on time. I'm a bit of a neat freak, so cleaning, organizing and setting up and prettying up displays was lots of fun for me! I had about 7 stores plus extra tasks as they came, and I LOVED my job. I usually could get everything done Monday through Thursday and had Friday off. The key is having enough stores to look after.

ConsIt can be very time consuming, and if you don't have over 4 stores, it can be a waste of time. You get X amount of minutes/hours to complete each task, and that only includes your store time; not the time it takes you to print out the plans on your own printer, read the plan and prepare for each plan, or the drive time. You can count your mileage on your taxes at the end of the year as well as any expenses in ink, paper, etc. But if you don't have enough stores, then you always go over your allotted time because you have to get acclimated with it. If you have plenty of stores, you know exactly what you are doing by the 3rd store and can make up any overage you had from your other 2 stores. Reporting any overage time is a pain, and you get nagged at by your manager. Also, I was there for around 3 years and never saw a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer quarterly raises for good workers. Only hire as many workers that will be able to make 30-40 hours a week. Offer more time to complete projects.

Too much work expected for too little pay

PT Merchandiser (Former Employee)

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility of schedule allowed the merchandiser to plan a work week to suit his or her… Cons: Must use your own car, no mileage or time reimbursement. You have to print up your own paperwork. You have to put in… Advice to Senior Management: Make the merchandisers feel like what they do is important and appreciated. My store managers loved me and hated to see me quit, but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Okay Place to Work

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Pros: Assignments are easy Team mates are friendly Assignments are close to home Some… Cons: No formal training program, often left to figure out resets individually Time studies not accurate for… Advice to Senior Management: Should consider implementing a new hire training program for first week on the job to get… More
There are newer reviews on Driveline Retail Merchandising.

Worked for Driveline Retail Merchandising? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Driveline Retail Merchandising reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Driveline Retail Merchandising CEO Randy Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Driveline Retail Merchandising employees.