Driveline Retail Merchandising

Glad I left

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Pros

It's a small company feel and relatively easy to get face time with management. Depending on who you report to, time off can be easy.

Cons

They ONLY care about bottom line, even if it means cutting valuable employees. They generally disrespect their employees and customers and have horrible communication skills.

Senior management needs to realize they are nothing without their employees and customers. Giving adequate notice for all benefit related issues would be appreciated.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Driveline Retail Merchandising (View Most Recent)

RED FLAG warning: avoid this company

Former Employee - Vendor/Merchandiser in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Vendor/Merchandiser in Nashville, TN

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Pros

Jobs were within 30 miles of my home. "Most" assignments were fairly easy.

Cons

Very low pay...no drivetime or mileage paid...totally rude and unprofessional DM in the Middle Tennessee area.

Hire a District manager in middle Tennessee that does not belittle and berate employees. Review current DM.

Can be a great company to work for with the right amount of work.

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, no boss breathing down your neck, not alot of interaction with customers which is good if you aren't really into customer service. I loved that I could make my own hours, as long as everything was done on time. I'm a bit of a neat freak, so cleaning, organizing and setting up and prettying up displays was lots of fun for me! I had about 7 stores plus extra tasks as they came, and I LOVED my job. I usually could get everything done Monday through Thursday and had Friday off. The key is having enough stores to look after.

Cons

It can be very time consuming, and if you don't have over 4 stores, it can be a waste of time. You get X amount of minutes/hours to complete each task, and that only includes your store time; not the time it takes you to print out the plans on your own printer, read the plan and prepare for each plan, or the drive time. You can count your mileage on your taxes at the end of the year as well as any expenses in ink, paper, etc. But if you don't have enough stores, then you always go over your allotted time because you have to get acclimated with it. If you have plenty of stores, you know exactly what you are doing by the 3rd store and can make up any overage you had from your other 2 stores. Reporting any overage time is a pain, and you get nagged at by your manager. Also, I was there for around 3 years and never saw a raise.

Offer quarterly raises for good workers. Only hire as many workers that will be able to make 30-40 hours a week. Offer more time to complete projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Driveline Retail Merchandising