There are newer employer reviews for Dropbox

Probably the best place to work at the moment

Current Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

* Good opportunities to create something, which will have direct impact on 175 million people. * Relatively young average age of co-workers. Most of them are quite cool people, not standard nerds. You can hang-out with Guido(creator of Python) during breakfast, who has an awesome sense of humor. Staff spends a lot of time together. * Great free food. Tuck shop is the best, I wish they worked on weekends. * Realizing your own ideas. Hackweeks twice a year. * Flat organization structure. Just 2 layers between intern and CEO. So it's easy to reach your voice to top management. CEO sits among other employees and is a great guy.

Cons

* Most people works more than 40 hours a week. It's normal for start-up like Dropbox is, but if you have a family it can be a problem. * Office is near AT&T park, so streets/restaurants/shops are crowded during matches. * Probably you will be very demotivated after you leave this company.

Advice to Management

* Pay more attention recruiting in Europe.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to work with some of the most intellegent and hardworking people I've ever met. The work is challenging and interesting. Every perk you expect to see at a stereotypical Bay Area startup is available (gym, masseuse, 3 5-star meals a day, social calendar)

Cons

There are some growing pains. This usually looks like transient bottlenecks - but occasionally involves having management structure form organically rather than deliberately, which doesn't always feel optimal.

Advice to Management

It's an open work environment. If I had advice for management I'd go to them with it.

2. Amazing place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox full-time

Pros

Dynamic culture, passionate people, strong product vision. Filled with smart, highly motivated individuals and solid leadership.

Cons

No real cons at the moment