Droplet Measurement Technologies

Great industry, poor leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Droplet Measurement Technologies

Pros

- interesting business market
- other employees are great
- strong friendships between workers
- people try really hard

Cons

- poor communication from management
- constantly changing priorities
- no feedback from management to workers
- no clear who i report to

- stop placing selling the company above treating your employees well
- stop asking workers to put in longer hours while personally taking long weekends

5 Other Employee Reviews for Droplet Measurement Technologies (View Most Recent)

As to the post above.....things have got worse!!!!

I have been working at Droplet Measurement Technologies

Pros

Flexible hours
    great relationships with other workers
    good benefits
    workers find their own solutions
    at least I am employed

Cons

management is disrespectful and demeaning to workers
    fear based management style
    If you don't like it, leave mentality
    lacking a professional review process, or any for that matter
    No HR department, "good old boy network"

DIGEST the comments left here. Employees WILL NOT come to you, no trust, fear of loosing job, nepotism. The management system is broke, the 1950's style of managing is not working. Growth happens with good leadership, help your company grow with a good foundation of managers and not dictators! Free coffee and soda is not what I mean.

Interesting work with lots of variety, a great place to learn about science, technology and business

I have been working at Droplet Measurement Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management encourages employees to grow and assume new responsibilities
    My opinion is valued
    Lots of varied and interesting work
    Smart and nice coworkers
    Company values its customers and treats them well
    Company is creative in looking for new products and market opportunities, so there is always a chance to learn something new
    Diverse workplace—not racially, but just in terms of lots of different types of people working here. (The company employs businesspeople, manufacturing experts, top-notch scientists, engineers, etc.)
    Flexible hours
    Benefits and perks: innovative employee stock program, annual bonuses, free coffee and soda, free bus passes
    Ability to work from home occasionally (for my position)

Cons

The organizational structure and HR process (reviews, raises, professional development, etc.) are somewhat ad hoc, at least in my division. The company’s commitment to responding quickly to customer needs and new market opportunities can also make it hard to complete previously assigned tasks. If you are someone who likes lots of structure, DMT may not be right for you. However, if you don’t mind some uncertainty in return for an interesting work environment and many professional opportunities, you will enjoy it.

While DMT could improve in some areas, overall it’s a very good place to work. Recently a friend came to visit me, and he asked me how my work was going. I said I really liked it. He said, “Wow, you don’t hear people say that much. At most they say they may like it in a few years.” My friend is a physicist in a prestigious research organization, a place many people want to work. I’m probably happier in my job than many of his coworkers.

There are newer employer reviews for Droplet Measurement Technologies

Worked for Droplet Measurement Technologies? Contribute to the Community!