Great place to work

I have been working at Drury Hotels

Pros

Being family owned and operated, each hotel has the same training across the board. 7 time J.D. Power and Associates winner for Mid-Scale Limited Service Hotel Chains. Usually promotes from within.

Cons

Schedule is arbitrary, hours are not steady, does not allow for scheduled days off, depending on area career opportunities may be limited

Other Reviews for Drury Hotels

Great culture, great values, great company!

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent  in  Rolla, MO
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Rolla, MO

I have been working at Drury Hotels part-time for more than a year

Pros

Drury has very competitive salaries and employee assistance programs for the industry. The company is completely devoted to superior customer satisfaction, and this is reflected in management, training, and your daily job duties. I have worked at several hotels, this company is great to work for if you enjoy working in the service industry and want to be paid well and treated like an actual human being rather than just an employee number.

Cons

The only thing that really comes to mind is the computer software that is used to manage the hotel, it is not very efficient or user friendly. At our particular property we could definitely use some technology upgrades.

Drama is a part of every work place, but it is definitely kept to a minimum at our hotel. Everyone has bad days and everyone makes mistakes, but we are like a family and we function well as a team.

The guest service surveys used are terrible, they need to be changed immediately. They don't accurately measure what they are supposed to and we suffer because of it by being deprived of bonuses. "Better than expected, as expected, below expected," is not a good rating system, obviously scores are going to decline over time as people become acquainted with the franchise and all it has to offer. This isn't fair to your front line employees or our managers.

Flexible schedule, great management, friendly place.

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Drury Hotels part-time for less than a year

Pros

hourly employees get raises-I even got an added bonus on top of mine, quarterly bonuses, flexible schedule

Cons

standing all day, can't eat the breakfast or the kickback, sometimes would work a night shift then a morning shift the next day

Work schedules to where we don't have 8 hours in between shifts, although they did not happen often. Other than that,, no advice. Ya'll were great :D

There are newer employer reviews for Drury Hotels.

Worked for Drury Hotels? Contribute to the Community!