Drury Hotels

There are newer employer reviews for Drury Hotels

Be Ready for 5 months of Interviews

Current Employee - General Manager In Training
Current Employee - General Manager In Training

I have been working at Drury Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Looking properties.
Management / Recruiters presented a professional appearance

Cons

8 interviews in 4 months. I interviewed for a General Manager in Training position. After flying to the Regional Office, I had a great interview and was led to believe I had a new career. I had to call back 10 days later to discover my new status.

Five months is too long for an interview process. I should have been contacted by the RGM (letter or phone call) instead having to call. Very unprofessional. You also lost me as a customer.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Drury Hotels (View Most Recent)

Over 50 need not apply

I worked at Drury Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company mantra of "we hire for (cultural) fit first and foremost". Company value statements sounded good. Apparently too good to be true.

Cons

First, expect an extensive interview process. After extensive interviewing (6 weeks from resume submission) all with positive feedback, I was told an offer was being prepared. However, filling out the application (which requested birthdate) suddenly killed the process dead in it's tracks. In recalling all the conversations, direct questions, and interactions, the reasonable conclusion for the sudden change of direction had to do with personal data - namely determination of age - revealed in the application. The application was the final documentation submitted, long after the resume which contained the same job history and skillset, and just prior to the impending offer being pulled. All other considerations could have been negotiated or been discussed for further clarification if given the opportunity. Age is not negotiable but should not have been disclosed prior to the offer (per their own written disclaimer).

There are plenty of skilled, dedicated workers over 50 with the cultural fit, capacity for continued learning, and integrity to be productive employees if given the opportunity. Age discrimination is illegal - shame on you!

Give Older Workers A Chance

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Drury Hotels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family owned and operated. Very professional. Such grat potential

Cons

Discriminate against older workers. Check LinkedIn. Managers Directors and VP,s disproportionately in 30's. No chance for promotion or hire if in 40's

Value older workers. 50 is the new 30