There are newer employer reviews for Drury Hotels

Very dissatisfied with company.

Pros

2 weeks vacation and 5 PDOs after being with the company for a year. Company is not franchised, so it's not to not have to compete with other hotels with the same name; other hotels are always willing to help one another out when they can from what I've seen.

Cons

No balance between work and home life. Some upper-level management has gotten to where they are simply because of the amount of years they have been with the company and not because they are competent and capable of performing the duties required to hold their position while others do a wonderful job and are never promoted, nor told what they need to work on in order to be promoted. Salary is disappointing; after breaking down how many hours I have worked, I make less than some of the hourly employees. Also, the company has such low turnover percentages because management has become afraid to fire any hourly employees because of the repercussions from corporate when your hotel's turnover percentage gets too high.

Advice to Management

Drury prides itself on being family owned and family-focused but has seemed to lost sight in that over the past few years. Start treating salaried team members with a little more respect as we are the ones putting in 60+ hours a week and covering every shift when hourly employees continually call off because they know how to work the attendance point system without getting fired.

Other Employee Reviews for Drury Hotels

1. Great Company

I have been working at Drury Hotels full-time

Pros

Drury has good benefits. They take care of you very well. It is an actual team environment.

Cons

If you don't want anything but a 9-5 desk job, this isn't the industry you want to work in.

Advice to Management

Everything has been great! I feel welcomed and encouraged and motivated to work harder when I work.

2. Management position

I worked at Drury Hotels full-time

Pros

Great company, financially secure, great business plan, good bonus potential. Good staff levels for a hotel. Excellent product and support. The spend the money on their properties to be able to be the best

Cons

Micromanagement. They leave very little up to the property managers to decide then get frustrated when people don't know how to make decisions. ;They firmly believe in the old adage punish everyone for the sins of one person. It gets old. I was never treated better by upper management and ownership in my life than I was with Drury. At the same time, they have set up a system where everybody is afraid to be honest with them. Corporate office has a culture of fear in it. While I don't believe it is on purpose, I do blame upper management for not being aware of it and working to change it.

Advice to Management

Look at how you choose to treat people. My biggest takeaway after leaving the company was that a job doesn't have to be as hard and as stressful as you make it.