Drury Hotels
www.druryhotels.com

Very dissatisfied with company.

I have been working at Drury Hotels

Pros2 weeks vacation and 5 PDOs after being with the company for a year. Company is not franchised, so it's not to not have to compete with other hotels with the same name; other hotels are always willing to help one another out when they can from what I've seen.

ConsNo balance between work and home life. Some upper-level management has gotten to where they are simply because of the amount of years they have been with the company and not because they are competent and capable of performing the duties required to hold their position while others do a wonderful job and are never promoted, nor told what they need to work on in order to be promoted. Salary is disappointing; after breaking down how many hours I have worked, I make less than some of the hourly employees. Also, the company has such low turnover percentages because management has become afraid to fire any hourly employees because of the repercussions from corporate when your hotel's turnover percentage gets too high.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrury prides itself on being family owned and family-focused but has seemed to lost sight in that over the past few years. Start treating salaried team members with a little more respect as we are the ones putting in 60+ hours a week and covering every shift when hourly employees continually call off because they know how to work the attendance point system without getting fired.

Great job with plenty of perks.

Guest Service Agent (Former Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I worked at Drury Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Chance to meet new people. Often got tips. Got free parking for New Orleans… Cons: Guests can be hard to work with at times. Only three… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company values and rewards competent and loyal employees

I have been working at Drury Hotels

Pros: - great benefit package - great potential for advancement - job security, company is profitable and growing - you feel like you are… Cons: - must get to GM level or beyond to earn a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Drury Hotels.

Worked for Drury Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Drury Hotels reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Drury Hotels employees.