There are newer employer reviews for Drury Hotels

Very dissatisfied with company.

I have been working at Drury Hotels

Pros

2 weeks vacation and 5 PDOs after being with the company for a year. Company is not franchised, so it's not to not have to compete with other hotels with the same name; other hotels are always willing to help one another out when they can from what I've seen.

Cons

No balance between work and home life. Some upper-level management has gotten to where they are simply because of the amount of years they have been with the company and not because they are competent and capable of performing the duties required to hold their position while others do a wonderful job and are never promoted, nor told what they need to work on in order to be promoted. Salary is disappointing; after breaking down how many hours I have worked, I make less than some of the hourly employees. Also, the company has such low turnover percentages because management has become afraid to fire any hourly employees because of the repercussions from corporate when your hotel's turnover percentage gets too high.

Advice to Management

Drury prides itself on being family owned and family-focused but has seemed to lost sight in that over the past few years. Start treating salaried team members with a little more respect as we are the ones putting in 60+ hours a week and covering every shift when hourly employees continually call off because they know how to work the attendance point system without getting fired.

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent Care of Employees

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Drury Hotels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's plenty of opportunity to move up fairly quickly within the company. Bonuses are common and you're held to a reasonable level of service. The company will listen to issues or new ideas.

Cons

The company is a little outdated, but they seem to be catching up.

2. Great people to work with

I have been working at Drury Hotels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the type of people I work with.

Cons

General Manager steals company time

Advice to Management