There are newer employer reviews for DuPont Pioneer

Favoritism and micro-management

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Johnston, IA
Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Johnston, IA

I worked at DuPont Pioneer

Pros

The projects involve interesting, scientific work. Benefits are decent, better than most on Des Moines.

Cons

As said in an earlier review, there really is no chance for advancement based on merit. Work is frequently kept hidden so it's not claimed by management. Work techniques aren't shared. Change is discouraged unless one gets a manager to claim it as their own idea. Recognition and choice projects are all based on connections and politics. Everyone, especially who gets promoted, is all connected somehow, related, frat brother, etc. Upper management is never held accountable for mistakes or worse. Employees find out about important events via news media before being told at work.

104 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont Pioneer (View Most Recent)

It was a great place to work with grat benefits.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Grand Rapids, OH
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Grand Rapids, OH

I worked at DuPont Pioneer

Pros

Benefits, very safety oriented, care about employees well being, wages are not bad

Cons

to much favortizm was going on at our location, to get a job or promotion lately you had to either be a friend or relative to one member of managment.

the plant locations need time clocks, in the long run this would save the company money if they started docking peoples time for being late. Over the years I have worked for Pioneer I have seen a lot of employees come in late and write 8 hours on their time cards. Nothing is done about it. I had reported this to management but didn't see anything come from it.

I would definitely advise anyone to try and get a job with Pioneer.

Former Employee - Area Supervisor, Laboratory Technician  in  Mount Pleasant, IA
    Former Employee - Area Supervisor, Laboratory Technician in Mount Pleasant, IA

I worked at DuPont Pioneer

Pros

Benefits, Insurance, Retirement, Wages, Safety,

Cons

Heat in the fields, long hours, Lots of responsibility but get paid for it.

The leadership needs more hands on whatever job there is to be done.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont Pioneer

Worked for DuPont Pioneer? Contribute to the Community!