There are newer employer reviews for DuPont Pioneer

Learned a lot as an intern, very helpful supervisor.

Former Intern - Intern in Hayward, CA
Former Intern - Intern in Hayward, CA

I worked at DuPont Pioneer as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very large company so a lot of resources. Get to work with the latest technology.

Cons

People seemed to mind their own business, they didn't really bother to get to know the interns.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I like it here

Current Employee - Research Associate in Johnston, IA

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love everything about my job and company

Cons

They don't like to help people move to areas of the world they may want to work in. I have the desire to go overseas and they aren't very supportive of that.

The ship is sinking

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer

Pros

Overall salary and benefits are good. Strong emphasis on safety. Working alongside professional people is great. Stable industry has not been overly affected by economy during the recent recession.

Cons

The current executive management has a mission of driving productivity down by creating open work areas with a staggering amount of distractions. People are saying "we need quiet areas to work" and management just keeps repeating, "This is a pleasant place to work. Look at how pretty it is." The interior design team spends more time talking about creating an office that "looks good" instead of fostering an environment for getting things done. A whole building full of cubicles was built with poor ergonomics. There is not enough room to put your legs out in front of you underneath your desk and none of the cubicles were equipped with keyboard trays. Then a senior executive stands up in a safety meeting and says "we need be concerned about repetitive stress injuries". Disconnect.

Advice to Management

The continuing development of herbicide-resistant plants and Bt-resistant insects is a strong warning that the future of biotechnology is likely get rougher, not smoother. If you want better productivity, reduce distractions. Things like emails, talkers, phones, meetings, paperwork, etc.