Exceptional

Current Employee - Rese in Johnston, IA
Current Employee - Rese in Johnston, IA

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an exceptional place to work. I have found it extremely rewarding and the culture is based about the growth of the employee. The company seems to be run by level headed people that care about the business and more importantly about making a difference in the world.

Cons

Each year the larger Dupont seems to play a greater role in the company. I am not sure that is such a good thing. The benefits under Pioneer are exceptional and that is swiftly changing to come in line with Dupont. Some of the benefits are being lost.

Advice to Management

Continue to follow the core values of the company and if possible make a smoother transition to DuPont.

Other Employee Reviews for DuPont Pioneer

DuPont Pioneer

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Johnston, IA
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Johnston, IA

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Colleagues are great Salary is better than average Location in the MidWest is great for families

Cons

DuPont cost management. Focus on Finance reporting areas and not on the science processes that lead to products.

Advice to Management

Understand it is a company founded on Biology and Plant Breeding and not nice little buckets of effort that finance can report on. Use the Long Look in all parts of business, especially considering growth. It seems like we are too worried about the quarterly numbers.

2. Great Corporation with good practices

I worked at DuPont Pioneer full-time

Pros

Corporate level admin. keeps the business growing by encouragement of all employees to develop and grow their skills

Cons

Plant level management needs measurements to quickly get results that are sustainable.

Advice to Management

Human Resources needs to check their files of current employees and past employees for new job opportunities. Many new hires from outside creates a "lets be like another company" vs. "use our strengths" to grow attitude.