DuPont
www.dupont.com Wilmington, DE 5000+ Employees

A once-great company in slow decline

Research Scientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at DuPont

ProsDoes not demand very many hours per week if not in management. Many research projects are intellectually stimulating. Many great colleagues.

ConsUncompetitive pay and benefits. Uncompetitive compared with more agile and focused competitors. VERY slow to execute. Can be stifling environment for true innovators and entrepreneurial types.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a commitment to be the best again. Go back to the culture of the heyday years. Let the scientists run wild. Put them at the center. Be more like Google or Amyris.

Excellent Work Environment with a company that cares about its employees

Field Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at DuPont

Pros: DuPont really cares about and values its employees. There are… Cons: Promotions take time to come through. Advice to Senior Management: Go to the employees for feedback and suggestions before in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience, I love working there.

Chemist (Current Employee)

I have been working at DuPont

Pros: Good pay, benefits and safe place to work. Cons: Employees need to receive more incentive to perform at the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on DuPont.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DuPont reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DuPont CEO Ellen J. Kullman. All reviews posted anonymously by DuPont employees.