Little to no career advancement, complacent and very bureaucratic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Able to work at home office if needed. Benefits and compensation are in the mid-range of other companies.

Cons

Many individuals have been with the company most if not their entire lives. For individuals who are new or with a few years experience, it is very difficult to work here. New thoughts are not welcomed. Little to no career advancement or support to get it. I have known many individuals with talent and drive who have left. I am not far behind.

Assess management's ability to attract and retain talent. Fix the cultural and structural flaws.

Other Reviews for DuPont

good company with strong history .... needs a strong vision for the future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

history of innovative products, good benefits, dedicated workforce - many of whom want to do more but find it challenging with lack of resources.

Cons

top heavy - leadership keep their jobs while the 'worker bees' are cut. Needs leaders with vision - not more managers. safety has evolved to risk aversion. Not a lot of room for growth and development.

look at and listen to employees, communicate vision - lead don't manage

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Research Scientist  in  Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

The environment at DuPont is wonderful and many of my colleagues are also very good friends. You feel that the company actually cares about their employees and does everything that they can to ensure a non-competitive environment. The quality of research is very high and the programs are challenging.

Cons

There is always bureaucracy in large corporations, which is certainly an issue at DuPont. Things take longer than they should, but they eventually still get done.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!