There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Still 200 years ago

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Research Associate in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Company reputation. Ability to work with good products. Dupont has a good name still in the industries in which they work. Or so we are told. They seme to be financially stable even in the curretn recession. We will see about that though.

Cons

Top down management. Not always competent. No feedback for performance. No guldelines as to how to get a promotion. The senior management live in their own world with no contact with underlings and they do not seem to care about them.

Loosen up. Try to harness the talents of th epeople under you instead of regarding them as nuisances to be worked around.

361 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

Inside DuPont

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Large organization with ample opportunity to learn from experienced individuals. Willing to relocate employees who express an interest in pursuing career options. DuPont does seem to "take care of their own"

Cons

It is a conservative company (Large, 200+ yrs old) that is often slow to make decisions or decisions need to gain approval at a higher level than compared to small, more entrapanurial organizations. There are also a large number of long-time DuPont employees (20+ yrs of service with DuPont) which fosters a "We've always done it this way" mentality. One additiona concern is the "We're DuPont" attitude and the customer and suppliers will comply with our practices because "We are DuPont"

Encourage more risk-taking and push authority down to lower levels. Create P&L centers a lower levels and eliminate the separation of operations from the businesses.

decent company with variety of jobs available

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Huntington, WV
    Current Employee - Engineer in Huntington, WV

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Decent salary & benefits compared with other chem companies.
    Work life balance in my current job.
    There are a variety of jobs available within the company.
    Work with many great people!

Cons

Musical bosses - management positions are stepping stones for those wanting to move up and are changed often. Many of these people are great engineers, but have zero people skills and are given very limited training for their new management roles.
    Work life balance is not supported adequately at the plant sites.
    Benefits have decreased over the last several years (medical insurance premiums, when reach medicare age - the med insurance does not pay remaining portion after medicare (remaining 20%),
    Reduced pension and survivor benefits for those employed before 2007(did improve 401k matching - for all the good it does in the current market!), no pension for new employees after 2007
    Even though there are a variety of jobs available and open in DuPont, your business will not always release you and can hold you in your current role for an unlimited time.

Look more at the people side of the business. While I realize DuPont must be profitable...without employees, there is no DuPont. Our employee retention is not where it needs to be and direct steps need to be taken to resolve this issue.
    Even though work life is highly recognized in Wilmington, it's very low on the priority list at the plant sites (and the plant sites are a big part of the company).

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!