There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

No where to go

Current Employee - Advanced Fiber Technician  in  Moncks Corner, SC
Current Employee - Advanced Fiber Technician in Moncks Corner, SC

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At my site there is alot of decision making left up to the advanced fiber technicians (those at the lowest levels). Relatively easy work for manufacturing job. Some good people work there at both levels.

Cons

The HPWS work system is communism at its finest. Management doesn't make decisions, leaving it to a group decision by the lowest workers. Except when they want something different than the shift workers decide, then its whatever management wants. There is no chance for advancement at an HPWS site. Lots of promises by management but they change so often it seems as they aren't achievable. Rotating shift sucks!!! Nobody is "special" in HPWS and given any special treatment for advanced skills, unless of course the managers like you.

Realize in HPWS there are people who deserve different treatment to help retain them. Advancing on the pay matrix is nice, but never getting promoted is hard for most people to swallow.

361 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

Fomerly Genencor.

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Having the backing of DuPont increases the potential for success on large and capital intensive projects.

Cons

The DuPont culture is less open and vibrant than what we are used to from Genencor, and could lead to lower levels of motivation.

Don't change our culture - too much.

A Great Learning Experience.

Former Employee - Field Engineer  in  Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I worked at DuPont full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, flex time, good pay and benefits, challenging work, training opportunities, and job security are all things that can be expected for new DuPont employees.

Cons

I think that the variation in operation from one site to another is frustrating. I also feel that the new HR system was a mistake. And finally, I feel that the personal relationship between management and younger employees/non management could be improved to strengthen trust and interest in the work place.

Focus more on the development of young engineers.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!