DuPont

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Upper Management with alterior motives

Current Employee - Engineer in Valdosta, GA
Current Employee - Engineer in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Corporate interview/offer allowed me to get a very good salary.

Cons

The company, as a whole stresses, "core values" such as respect for people and safety/health, however, at the Valdosta site, upper management will use these values against you if they have a personal problem with you. I was harassed for months by another employee and when I finally spoke out, I was retaliated against and put on probation. If you are disliked by a select group of management, they will try to get you on a safety or respect violation in order to get you out the door, or at least dock your pay. They don't respect individual thinkers. Hard work isn't valued. Management gossips about people as bad as those working on the floor. I am so very dissapointed by this experience. I hope that corporate is ignorant to what is going on there, otherwise this established company is quickly going down-hill.

Be honest, be fair, stay out of people's personal lives, and don't play fast and loose with their lively-hoods.

417 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

No where to go

Current Employee - Advanced Fiber Technician in Moncks Corner, SC
    Current Employee - Advanced Fiber Technician in Moncks Corner, SC

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At my site there is alot of decision making left up to the advanced fiber technicians (those at the lowest levels). Relatively easy work for manufacturing job. Some good people work there at both levels.

Cons

The HPWS work system is communism at its finest. Management doesn't make decisions, leaving it to a group decision by the lowest workers. Except when they want something different than the shift workers decide, then its whatever management wants. There is no chance for advancement at an HPWS site. Lots of promises by management but they change so often it seems as they aren't achievable. Rotating shift sucks!!! Nobody is "special" in HPWS and given any special treatment for advanced skills, unless of course the managers like you.

Realize in HPWS there are people who deserve different treatment to help retain them. Advancing on the pay matrix is nice, but never getting promoted is hard for most people to swallow.

Fomerly Genencor.

Current Employee - Scientist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having the backing of DuPont increases the potential for success on large and capital intensive projects.

Cons

The DuPont culture is less open and vibrant than what we are used to from Genencor, and could lead to lower levels of motivation.

Don't change our culture - too much.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont