DuPont
www.dupont.com Wilmington, DE 5000+ Employees

Little respect for people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees are empathetic and innovative, the work is fulfilling, and the site offers a fitness center as well as a subsidized lunch every day. The change in ownership put a heavy emphasis on safety.

ConsThis same emphasis on safety could easily take more time than one would expect - it led to one rushing to complete the required jobs, which obviously doesn't aid in improving safety. Management lacks the one mantra that came with the change of ownership from Danisco to DuPont - respect for people. Continued implied threats of job loss do not encourage a workforce to work smarter or safer. Little transparency between managers and staff - no 360 degree reviews were performed during my time there.

Very Old Fashion and little diversity

Business Development Consultant (Current Employee)
    Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The company has been around for over 200 years and a lot… Cons: Not a lot of mobility for younger or middle age workforce. The company talks about being new… Advice to Senior Management: More Diversity No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great people and SAFETY.

Manufacturing Technology Engineer/Scientist (Former Employee)
    Fayetteville, NC

I worked at DuPont as an intern for less than a year

Pros: DuPont is big on safety, so it's great to see that they care about their employees. Fellow employees were also very… Cons: Internship program was not extremely developed, and it took awhile for my background papers to go… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to grow the internship program. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DuPont.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DuPont reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DuPont CEO Ellen J. Kullman. All reviews posted anonymously by DuPont employees.