Little respect for people

I worked at DuPont full-time

Pros

The employees are empathetic and innovative, the work is fulfilling, and the site offers a fitness center as well as a subsidized lunch every day. The change in ownership put a heavy emphasis on safety.

Cons

This same emphasis on safety could easily take more time than one would expect - it led to one rushing to complete the required jobs, which obviously doesn't aid in improving safety. Management lacks the one mantra that came with the change of ownership from Danisco to DuPont - respect for people. Continued implied threats of job loss do not encourage a workforce to work smarter or safer. Little transparency between managers and staff - no 360 degree reviews were performed during my time there.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great people and SAFETY.

Former Intern - Manufacturing Technology Engineer/Scientist in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Intern - Manufacturing Technology Engineer/Scientist in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at DuPont as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

DuPont is big on safety, so it's great to see that they care about their employees. Fellow employees were also very knowledgeable and helpful if I had any concerns or questions. Overall great experience interning at DuPont, and the pay wasn't bad either.

Cons

Internship program was not extremely developed, and it took awhile for my background papers to go through the company so I was not able to start as early as I had expected.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the internship program.

2. Very Old Fashion and little diversity

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has been around for over 200 years and a lot of people in the business community recognize the name and the brand "DuPont"

Cons

Not a lot of mobility for younger or middle age workforce. The company talks about being new and different and listening to their employees but the same managers with the same mindset are promoted

Advice to Management

More Diversity