DuPont

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

SHE Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

I worked at DuPont full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good place to get experience

Cons

Autocratic un-educated micro managing little man syndrome. Will be a nobody to anybody when he retires

Get qualified people for the right job

403 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

Little respect for people

I worked at DuPont full-time

Pros

The employees are empathetic and innovative, the work is fulfilling, and the site offers a fitness center as well as a subsidized lunch every day. The change in ownership put a heavy emphasis on safety.

Cons

This same emphasis on safety could easily take more time than one would expect - it led to one rushing to complete the required jobs, which obviously doesn't aid in improving safety. Management lacks the one mantra that came with the change of ownership from Danisco to DuPont - respect for people. Continued implied threats of job loss do not encourage a workforce to work smarter or safer. Little transparency between managers and staff - no 360 degree reviews were performed during my time there.

Great people and SAFETY.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technology Engineer/Scientist in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at DuPont as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

DuPont is big on safety, so it's great to see that they care about their employees.
    Fellow employees were also very knowledgeable and helpful if I had any concerns or questions.
    Overall great experience interning at DuPont, and the pay wasn't bad either.

Cons

Internship program was not extremely developed, and it took awhile for my background papers to go through the company so I was not able to start as early as I had expected.

Continue to grow the internship program.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont