DuPont

www.dupont.com

In it for the challenge, not the paycheck.

Chemical Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsChallenging assignments really push engineers technically. Very safety-focused. Stable employment. Wide variety of opportunities within the various businesses. Many businesses are really at the cutting edge of technology.

ConsSalary is average. Very little take-home incentive to over-achieve as a young engineer. Projects follow a "rush and stop" flow a lot of the time. Good performers are rewarded with more work and longer hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure adequate pay for your top employees. In other words, provide a larger incentive for excellent performance. The only way to recruit the best of the best out of school is to provide a financially-strong offer.

Not a leader anymore and not a very good 'follower'

Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) Parkersburg, WV

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: History of company discoveries has helped many but that is… Cons: Major law suits in the past few years is very disappointing. Management spends more time doing "coverup work" than fixing… Advice to Senior Management: Move on and let someone else lead us No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company

Instrument Tech (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Big company with some room to move around. Cons: Very politically correct. More concerned with image than getting work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DuPont.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!