DuPont
www.dupont.com Wilmington, DE 5000+ Employees

Hard to break in to the culture - people and work - since there were so many 25+ year employees.

Manager (Former Employee)
Wilmington, DE

I worked at DuPont full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart scientists.
Tries hard to be global but every region and every business unit thinks they are unique.
Six Sigma has been institutionalized.

ConsWork experience from outside the company is not valued.
Opportunities happen by knowing someone from having worked with them in the past. Very hard for experienced new hires to be known for upcoming opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know there has to be a problem when over 80% of the experienced new hires leave within 2 years. This is 'accepted' and there is no interest in trying to understand or change this. How do you get new ideas into the company?

Innovative science company that lives it's core values. Complex and bureaucratic at times.

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Leadership has guided company to success for over 210 years. Focus on feeding, protecting, and fueling the world is very relevant. Lives core… Cons: Bureaucratic at times. Complex. Some sites are not… Advice to Senior Management: Empower employees with more decision making capabilities to remove bureaucracy. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Packaging

Technician (Current Employee)
El Paso, IL

I have been working at DuPont full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great atmosphere, great coworkers, overall a great place to work. Cons: Some times we bite off more production than we can… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the focus on environment, and commitment to zero injuries.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on DuPont.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DuPont reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DuPont CEO Ellen J. Kullman. All reviews posted anonymously by DuPont employees.