Great place to work.

Current Employee - Machine Designer  in  Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Machine Designer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible work/life environment, good pay, good benefits, satisfying work, everyone that works here will treat you with respect.

Cons

Not sure where the company is headed and why, need to get back to the roots that built the company.

Other Reviews for DuPont

Good company, currently going through a lot of changes and turmoil

Former Employee - Sourcing and Logistics  in  Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Sourcing and Logistics in Wilmington, DE

I worked at DuPont full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong culture of safety and ethics. Generally respectful environment to work in. Not at top of peer group, but decent pay scale.

Cons

Still working on truly being diverse. Huge gap in age/ experience level... despite a relatively recent push for increasing new hires, the majority of employees are experienced people 10 years or less from retirement. Lots of churn as huge chunks of traditional DuPont businesses are being sold and new bio-tech and agricultural companies are being bought.

Don't put all your eggs into the bio-tech/crop basket. Keep a diverse mix with traditional businesses, especially if they are profitable, to fund the new direction.

Great place to learn as an intern

I worked at DuPont as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was given real projects that actually impacted the plant (as an intern). I had coaching and help when necessary but was also allowed to run with things on my own. All of the people there were extremely friendly and you could tell that everyone felt valued.

Cons

The plant I worked at was a little bit far from home. Also, I didn't do a whole lot of extremely technical projects, but that will vary from site to site.

Keep hiring interns.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!