There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Love my career with DuPont, but extremely dissatisfied with compensation and continued deterioration of HR practices.

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, great core values!

Cons

HR decisions make it difficult to retain talent and even harder to hire competent people.

Drastically improve the HR policies soon or DuPont will end up with mediocre talent running High Hazard processes.

reviews filtered by
  1. slow pace

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at DuPont as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

the people are very generous

Cons

work is not challenging enough

Experience in DuPont's new-hire commercial development program

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Great work/life balance: it's easy to stop working at 5:01 and not have to worry about anything until the next work day.

-Solid pay/benefits: as a member of the sales team, I was given a company car, phone, and iPad, with the gas and monthly plans all paid for.

-Incredibly helpful employees: as a new hire working with people that had been at DuPont for decades, everyone was quite friendly and helpful as I got started in the working world. No one seemed threatened by my presence, and most were happy to pass along knowledge about the industry and company.

-DuPont takes care of its own. If you're looking for a place to work the rest of your life, DuPont is for you. Many employees have worked here for decades and have only good things to say about the company.

Cons

-The size and age of the company makes it a pain to implement any sort of change. Bureaucracy is the name of the game. Most employees are old (the average age is about 50), and many lack even basic technical knowledge about email, smartphones, IT, etc. There's definitely a "we've always done it this way" sort of feeling when it comes to making any changes. People really have to be convinced something is broken before they get around to fixing it. There's very little proactive change, especially from management.

-People are valued based on how long they've been at the company, not on how well they contribute. If you're looking for a place where you can come in, make a difference, and be rewarded for it, look elsewhere. However, there's a silver lining in that you can show up, put in the bare minimum, and not be punished for it.

-Experiences at the company vary drastically by business unit. If you're in a BU that's doing well (such as our seed company Pioneer), you'll have the time of your life. But god help you if you get stuck in something like Titanium Technologies, where commodity markets determine a good chunk of business success.

Stop BSing when it comes to the development program. Don't make it seem like an amazing opportunity when it's really little more than an entry-level position with a few weeks of training during the year. It's not that it's a bad program; it's just that people become disappointed when you sell a dream that never comes to fruition.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont