DuPont
www.dupont.com Wilmington, DE 5000+ Employees

Well run, professional internal Six Sigma organization

Master Black Belt (Current Employee)
Wilmington, DE

ProsDuPont considers certification as a Green Belt a condition of employment for exempt employees, and Black Belt certification is expected from any professional who wants to advance in the company. Master Black Belts are highly respected and compensated.

ConsDuPont does not hire talent from outside at senior levels. We hire engineers and PhD Scientists out of school, then train and sort them into Marketing, Sales, Technical, Manufacturing etc. roles. Yes, even Marketing and all the other functions like HR and IT are largely populated by engineers and scientists; this really is a science company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf we want to change things in the culture, such as increasing the value of speed over being 100% sure of every decision, consider hiring in a larger number of mid-level managers from smaller companies. Hire people who do not view a multinational's geological time scale to be normal, and hire them into levels that can effect change. Outside MBBs would be a good place to start.

communicatons manager

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: good corporate culture, core values let employees work interdepently, and… Cons: limitation of career opportunity and complex, unclear, and long process… Advice to Senior Management: give more autority and flexibility of decision making to local… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

DuPont Crop Protection

Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee)
    Valdosta, GA

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good group of people to work with; potential to grow… Cons: Poor plant management; lots of turnover with leadership which creates… Advice to Senior Management: Better structure for Lean Six Sigma organization Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DuPont.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DuPont reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DuPont CEO Ellen J. Kullman. All reviews posted anonymously by DuPont employees.