There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Great company, but still trying to find its identity

Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Wilmington, DE
Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Wilmington, DE

I worked at DuPont full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The salaries at DuPont were fairly generous compared to comparable companies. The people who work there are some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. The employees always help each other out to solve problems.

Cons

DuPont's future is largely unclear. Formerly a chemical company, DuPont is shifting more into the agricultural and biosciences industry. As a mechanical engineer, this company has become more of a dead end, as they are beginning to hire more and more scientists.

NA

reviews filtered by

Great place to work

Former Employee - Production Operator in Mount Clemens, MI
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Mount Clemens, MI

I worked at DuPont full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Tons of room for advancement great wages and benefits

Cons

They will screw you in a minute to make a buck

Practice what you preach with ethics and core valves, 26 years of service losing everything when they sold us to a different company (paint division) no medical when I retire and cannot collect my pension to age 65

Disappointment in a large company

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Hayward, CA

I have been working at DuPont full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dupont is a big company so there is what seems to be a certain level of job security. The benefits and pay are decent.

Cons

Despite being a large company if you don't work in the heart of dupont in Wilmington Delaware things are hardly secure. DuPont is an east coast company that doesn't seem to take west coast facilities into consideration when making decisions regarding benefits and policies. Working for a business recently acquired by DuPont I have seen the culture that made working at our site attractive melt away as DuPont policies and mind sets have taken over. DuPont emphasizes respect for people at a high level but in reality the follow through is just not there. DuPont is nothing special when it comes to taking care of their employees.

An ever increasing workload for the same pay and paltry annual increases is not how you show respect for people. Keeping temps/contractors on staff for years with no attempt to hire them full time is not showing respect for people. Step up and take care of your people for real.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont