There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Chemical Engineer in Deepwater, NJ
Current Employee - Chemical Engineer in Deepwater, NJ

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Great work/life balance, good sharing of information between employees, numerous resources available within the company, diverse portfolio, in charge of your own career (internal job postings for which anyone within the company can apply), diverse job opportunities

Cons

Would like more overseas opportunities

Work to promote more global experiences for employees.

384 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

Sending Jobs out of this country is a top priority

Current Employee - Design in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Design in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

There are some good benefits but they are going up in cost and the hours are good, outside of that the rest of the company woes cause more friction than good work and communication can justify as a good place to work.

Cons

Outsourcing, Outsourcing and more Outsourcing, at one of the worst economic meltdowns in history, the CEO of Dupont is currently trying to ship all the jobs from the Wilmington office, and not only send the jobs but her and the managers want to get rid of engineering all together, never mind that most engineers working for them know the work quality that you get from a US worker is unmatched by anyone outside of the USA, we have decades of quality work and experience, but Greed and the all mighty dollar are what drives the CEO to drive this company in the dirt, they will not last going in this direction, as a stockholder we all need to make this public and hold them accountable for their actions, including the board members.

There are not enough words to make any of these greedy managers listen, the direction is not forward, they need to think about the destruction that they are causing by this outsourcing, maybe we should outsource the mangers and the CEO, has anyone thought about this concept, maybe we would all get a raise instead of every penny made going to the CEO.
    We need mangers with engineering experience and a the knowledge to bring this company back to what it once was, a global leader in specialty chemicals and fibers, a leader in Technology.

Stable secure employment but a lot of bureaucracy and red tape.

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Work Life Balance is great. People are great.

Cons

Lack of long term focus and constantly shifting priorities. Approval processes are just plain broken. It takes for ever to get anything approved and then you have to hurry up and spend your funding before it is reallocated to another project. It takes a long time to get a decision made. The culture is very risk adverse.

Reward and encourage prudent risk taking. Stop micromanaging costs and focus on growth.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont