DuPont

www.dupont.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Management only wants to send our work out of this country

Current Employee - Design in Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Design in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Bene's are very good, hours are good and many good people to work with

Cons

Management at the top are clueless when it comes to executing a project from start to finish, they only are interested in sending the work outside of the company, the work they get back is shody and incomplete with many many mistakes.

Bean counters run the company, my advice get rid of all the bean counters and bring in real engineering managers back to those positions and bring the work back to the people that care about the product that goes out the door, I am one who cares as are my peers about the company and the work and detail that goes into our projects, Greed is ruining this business, if you take the time to really see the bad quality of work that comes back 2nd and 3rd time for fixing you would see how muc money you really waste, was the cheap labor really worth all the rework?

436 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

Jobs for people here in the states that need them are not important

Current Employee - Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Benefits, They too are going away though, more cost and less range of benefits

Cons

Managers are merely puppets, their whole purpose is to send as much work out of the states as possible, it does not matter how many times we have to fix and redesign the work here, they will hide the funds and hide all the mistakes, there are hundreds of jobs that could be put to good use here in the states, it is a shame that the company has no regard for the people here in the states and don't care about the company since the direction they are heading in will be their demise.

Find managers that know the chemical business not bean counters that only know how to count pennies and run a business in the ground based on their own selfish beliefs, the mentality must change for all speciality chemical companies or they will be no more, We brought this company to where it is now, technology, design, mentality and expertise, sending our jobs to a 3rd world country is absurd, and not in the interest of the working people, Ellen needs to undestand the dire situation of the jobs being sent outside, we have the expertise right here and they will do it right the first time with little direction, I don't know how any CEO that is doing this practice of sending jobs away can sleep at night, have you no shame or conscience.

General Review

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Brand equity in the market
    Working with smart people
    Stability

Cons

What life-long "DuPonters" describe as a "collaborative" culture, really means that we will have a million meetings and never come to a decision
    Pace is really slow and you are not rewarded for driving results
    No longer have unique products

Stop focusing solely on reducing working capital and expenses and put in metrics (at least equally weighted) for growth.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont