DuPont
www.dupont.com Wilmington, DE 5000+ Employees

Management only wants to send our work out of this country

Design (Current Employee)
Wilmington, DE

ProsBene's are very good, hours are good and many good people to work with

ConsManagement at the top are clueless when it comes to executing a project from start to finish, they only are interested in sending the work outside of the company, the work they get back is shody and incomplete with many many mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBean counters run the company, my advice get rid of all the bean counters and bring in real engineering managers back to those positions and bring the work back to the people that care about the product that goes out the door, I am one who cares as are my peers about the company and the work and detail that goes into our projects, Greed is ruining this business, if you take the time to really see the bad quality of work that comes back 2nd and 3rd time for fixing you would see how muc money you really waste, was the cheap labor really worth all the rework?

Jobs for people here in the states that need them are not important

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at DuPont

Pros: Benefits, They too are going away though, more cost and… Cons: Managers are merely puppets, their whole purpose is to send as much work out of the states as possible, it does not matter how many… Advice to Senior Management: Find managers that know the chemical business not bean counters that only know how to count pennies and run a business in the ground based… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stable secure employment but a lot of bureaucracy and red tape.

IT Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at DuPont

Pros: Work Life Balance is great. People are great. Cons: Lack of long term focus and constantly shifting priorities. Approval processes are just plain broken. It takes for ever to get anything approved… Advice to Senior Management: Reward and encourage prudent risk taking. Stop micromanaging costs… More
There are newer reviews on DuPont.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DuPont reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DuPont CEO Ellen J. Kullman. All reviews posted anonymously by DuPont employees.