DuPont

www.dupont.com
  www.dupont.com
There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Sending Jobs out of this country is a top priority

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

There are some good benefits but they are going up in cost and the hours are good, outside of that the rest of the company woes cause more friction than good work and communication can justify as a good place to work.

Cons

Outsourcing, Outsourcing and more Outsourcing, at one of the worst economic meltdowns in history, the CEO of Dupont is currently trying to ship all the jobs from the Wilmington office, and not only send the jobs but her and the managers want to get rid of engineering all together, never mind that most engineers working for them know the work quality that you get from a US worker is unmatched by anyone outside of the USA, we have decades of quality work and experience, but Greed and the all mighty dollar are what drives the CEO to drive this company in the dirt, they will not last going in this direction, as a stockholder we all need to make this public and hold them accountable for their actions, including the board members.

There are not enough words to make any of these greedy managers listen, the direction is not forward, they need to think about the destruction that they are causing by this outsourcing, maybe we should outsource the mangers and the CEO, has anyone thought about this concept, maybe we would all get a raise instead of every penny made going to the CEO.
We need mangers with engineering experience and a the knowledge to bring this company back to what it once was, a global leader in specialty chemicals and fibers, a leader in Technology.

403 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

Stable secure employment but a lot of bureaucracy and red tape.

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Work Life Balance is great. People are great.

Cons

Lack of long term focus and constantly shifting priorities. Approval processes are just plain broken. It takes for ever to get anything approved and then you have to hurry up and spend your funding before it is reallocated to another project. It takes a long time to get a decision made. The culture is very risk adverse.

Reward and encourage prudent risk taking. Stop micromanaging costs and focus on growth.

Management only wants to send our work out of this country

I have been working at DuPont

Pros

Bene's are very good, hours are good and many good people to work with

Cons

Management at the top are clueless when it comes to executing a project from start to finish, they only are interested in sending the work outside of the company, the work they get back is shody and incomplete with many many mistakes.

Bean counters run the company, my advice get rid of all the bean counters and bring in real engineering managers back to those positions and bring the work back to the people that care about the product that goes out the door, I am one who cares as are my peers about the company and the work and detail that goes into our projects, Greed is ruining this business, if you take the time to really see the bad quality of work that comes back 2nd and 3rd time for fixing you would see how muc money you really waste, was the cheap labor really worth all the rework?

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont