Duane Morris

There are newer employer reviews for Duane Morris

File Clerk

Former Employee - File Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - File Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Duane Morris part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company pays very well, is flexible, and has great benefits. Central Location in center city with Stephen Starr catering their employee cafeteria.

Cons

The women were EXTREMELY caty and constantly tried to get each other fired, or in trouble

Try to somehow weed out the caty women

16 Other Employee Reviews for Duane Morris (View Most Recent)

Duane Morris in general: regional Philly-based firm with delusions of international status and grandeur.

Former Employee - Paralegal At Duane Morris NYC in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Paralegal At Duane Morris NYC in New York, NY

I worked at Duane Morris

Pros

To my perception, the only good thing about Duane Morris NYC was its shiny new office in a midtown location. All else, forget it. Terrible office, terrible firm, terrible people, in comparison to other firms I've worked for.

Cons

Attorneys: Any Duane Morris office apart from the Philly HQ was created by importing a bunch of laterals, either as a group (e.g., a real estate practice group) or individually. Accordingly, at the NYC office at least, it has the smell of a bunch of Brooklyn or maybe New Jersey lawyers who managed, through sheer luck and the desperation of Duane Morris to beef up its NYC office, Put another way, Duane Morris, upon expansion via importing laterals, pretty much got the dregs, in terms of attorneys, at least initially. They're getting more selective now, but that's after the fact.
    Staff: As for staff, where the attorneys are from Brooklyn and New Jersey with night-school law degrees, the staff are almost to a person from the NYC housing projects --- pure ghetto, and with the language and analytical skills to match. As a staff member, I was glad to leave and move on to a top-tier firm with a better salary and better (read: better educated) people to work with. I never knew being a high-school dropout with a GED was sufficient to become a para, but judging by the people I worked with, apparently the hiring managers at Duane Morris NYC think it's just fine. (And of course it is, when you're hiring your friends and cousins from the same projects you grew up in. Very poor attorney oversight of staff hiring practices.)

All your staff, paras and legal secretaries, should have at least a bachelor's degree, and preferably a master's --- which is how it is where I'm now working.

Stay away from this seriously over-rated firm.

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Duane Morris

Pros

The pay is quite good and you will most likely have a light workload.

Cons

Senior management, opportunity for career growth and promotion, micro and close monitoring of employees, lack of work (and boredom) are some of the bigger downsides.

Senior management at this company needs to be seriously overhauled and gutted. The staff is very bloated and the majority of the management do not know what they are doing. I was absolutely amazed to find out about this first hand.

There are newer employer reviews for Duane Morris