Duane Reade

www.duanereade.com

Hard work for little thanks.

Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOverall if you have a good store manager and good co workers things won't be so bad. My managers did well in scheduling me off on any days I needed or the like. The job itself while repetitive and at times highly annoying is fairly easy and the amount of knowledge required is minimal at best. After the first few weeks you more or less know everything will occur withing your specific store.

ConsThe main downside of working here (other than the pay which is just minimum wage) along with the fact that there are no benefits depends simply upon your store location, coworkers, and store managers. I worked at a busy very understaffed store in the Financial District in Manhattan. Considering the fact that Duane Reade is the only "store" in the area means anyone who works or resides in the area will be here. Lunch break was especially hectic. We always seemed to be understaffed for closing while midday had enough people.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that your scheduling is done correctly and your store has enough people to close. You can not expect things to be perfect with such a limited number of staff closing ALL the time.

It is a retail job

Photo Tech (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Duane Reade

Pros: easy job to get if your desperate Cons: bad management, mirco managed and low pay Advice to Senior Management: better pay No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

highly disappointing

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Duane Reade

Pros: shifts are fairly stable so one can anticipate and plan… Cons: personality rather than performance is managed. poor communication; promotions based on longevity rather than performance Poorly trained… Advice to Senior Management: More training should be given to managers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Duane Reade.

Worked for Duane Reade? Contribute to the Community!