Dubin Group

www.thedubingroup.com
  www.thedubingroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dubin Group

Excellent

I have been working at Dubin Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Dubin Group has been amazing, the professionalism and understanding their staff provides is what changed my presumption about staffing firms. I would recommend Dubin Group for any one looking for a great placement, or company looking for great service. They hire the right people for the job.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say about Dubin Group

Keep up the outstanding work and keep the great people you have like Mariel Cerna.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Dubin Group (View Most Recent)

Someone has to tell the truth.

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Dubin Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's better than being unemployed, but not by much.

Cons

This company seems more concerned about maintaining this super happy, rainbows and sunshine image than actually saving this dying business. I've been here less than two years and watched 6 recruiters and an assistant all quit. There are like 11 people at this company. That's more than 50% turnover. Here's why:

All the publicity for this company is a lie. I see another review on here that was clearly written by the marketing department (which is one person who posts social media for a living, that's it). We won Philly's best places to work, but we were forced to lie to win. We told the Philly Business Journal that we offer 401k and cash incentives. We don't. Every time our "marketing director" (social media is not an occupation) sees a bad review, a glowing one miraculously appears. Check the website. Those supposed testimonials from clients are all at least 4-5 years old.

Experience and skill take a backseat to how fun you are at happy hour. This isn't a typical full-desk operation for recruiters, getting your leads, client connections, and full recruiting. That only works for a select few. Everyone else has "assigned roles" where you have to depend on the Senior Recruiter (the laziest person I have ever met) and when that person drops the ball, you lose money. I agree with one of the other reviews, micromanagement is crazy here, but without the benefit of training. And because the CEO doesn't want to pay for experienced recruiters who could like, save us, everyone here is a new grad or someone with zero experience. No one here has any idea what our candidates do. The V.P. tells you it isn't important.

The CEO and his "partner" (no idea what that guy does) seem completely unconcerned with anything other than placing the blame for why things are going wrong. Your team is untrained, underpaid and uninterested while being guided by inept management. You chased away the best talent with internal drama and ridiculous office politics. There's the blame.

I'm already deep in the process to get out of here. If you're courted by this company, do not accept the offer, as they will extend an offer to anyone they think might accept.

Get your act together and grow up. Stop gossiping and yelling and being dramatic, train your team, follow up with your candidates and practice all the stuff you preach. I'm sick of all this fake social media stuff about how great Dubin is, then getting screamed at in staff meetings about how much we suck.

Highly Unprofessional

I worked at Dubin Group

Pros

If this is your first recruiting job, this isn't the worst way to go. Boutique offers a lot of fundamental skills and you will work with some excellent candidates and clients.
    Also, you will be offered ample time off and summer hours, which are admittedly great. And necessary.

Cons

Training/Management - There is very little training, but a TON of micromanagement. Leaders spend more time talking about being leaders than actually acting like leaders.
    Gossip is how most vital company information makes the rounds. It is encouraged if you are part of certain circles. You will also hear several versions of new policies and procedures, which will change on a whim.
    Salaries are bottom dollar and below. Commission does not make up for this unless you are a select member of the team.
    There is no HR department. One senior recruiter fills the role in theory, but no information is confidential and you will be punished or scorned for any issues you bring to the table.
    The team is very green and shows it. Management does not pay enough attention to professionalism or industry knowledge and the candidates see that.

This company had a lot of potential at one point, but too many mistakes have been in too short a period of time. Pay attention to what is actually going on in your company. Between the childish gossip, poor training and sloppy management, you are setting yourselves up for disaster.

There are newer employer reviews for Dubin Group