Ducommun

There are newer employer reviews for Ducommun

good

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Ducommun

Pros

good people and good benefitd

Cons

location and campus is in a bad neighborhood

19 Other Employee Reviews for Ducommun (View Most Recent)

good first job out of college but...

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Ducommun

Pros

good first job, good benefits, interesting projects, latitude to make proposals for new projects and follow own work if the project is funded, not overly taxing work,

Cons

not overly taxing work, poor feedback system from management (1x peryear), billable work meant that people work on a project but do not contribute much to the project's success, large desire for corporate growth by purchasing small to mid level companies, management plans timetables poorly and tends to micromanage as deadlines near

I enjoyed working for this company but my goals and the companies began to separate. I would have liked more feedback on work performed and less micromanaging.

Defense and Aerospace Focused with excellent ruggedized cable and interconnect systems.

I worked at Ducommun full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loyal culture and a lot of autonomy with reasonable technical resources.. Strong sales leadership in the commercial markets and strong plan for project management development.

Cons

Definitely not focused on anything but defense and aerospace markets at the highest levels. Have hard time competing and providing high level leadership in any other markets. .

Focus on Aerospace and defense and get out of commercial and oil & gas markets

There are newer employer reviews for Ducommun