Duff & Phelps

www.duffandphelps.com

Great Culture in the Los Angeles Office. Growing Middle Market Investment Bank

Associate, Investment Bank (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- Great Culture. The culture in the Los Angeles office is amazing. As an experienced investment banker I found that the managers and head of the office actually care about your life and do not treat you a like a disposable resource that they can utilize until you fizzle out.
- Consistent Deal Flow. The directors and managing directors are seasoned veterans that bring in substantial deal flow and can execute transactions efficiently and consistently.
- Solid Training and Ample Resources. Duff & Phelps has the resources of a bulge bracket investment bank and dedicates a lot of time and money to training employees.

Cons- Limited Junior Staffing. While the company tends to invest a lot of money in each employee, it also limits the number of analysts that it can hire. The analysts get a lot of experience that they normally would not get until they were in their second or third year at other firms, but the investment banking junior staff is consistently very busy.
- No free Red Bull or Nespresso (yes, a very Wall Street problem...)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. The corporate strategy has been excellent and I hope the growth continues under Carlyle.

Solid Company with Some Superstar Areas

Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Duff & Phelps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Well-run To be privately held by Carlyle Group Cons: Valuation business is an old dinosaur that needs to be… Advice to Senior Management: Create better opportunities to market for new business across service… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good experience for young people but wouldn't work there again

Valuation Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Duff & Phelps full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Solid training and financial modeling and intangibles valuation. Many people… Cons: Managing directors know what they're doing - they've been in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Duff & Phelps.

Worked for Duff & Phelps? Contribute to the Community!