Duke Energy

www.duke-energy.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

Duke Energy is the best company to work for

Former Employee - Local IT Technician in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Local IT Technician in Greenville, SC

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

From the first day that I started work at Duke, I felt like I had become part of a family. I enjoyed working with almost everyone that I came in contact with, and really enjoyed my time there. Aside from feeling included, I really enjoyed the work that I did there. With every assignment I took on, I was given feedback immediately after completing the task whether it be good or bad. Also, everyone that I worked with and/or worked for was very approachable. I felt that I could go to anyone at anytime and ask them whatever I needed to know. If I was having trouble with a task, everyone was more than willing to help out. Communication within the company was excellent. Everyone on the team knew what any other member of the team was doing at almost any given time. Another plus was the compensation. I feel that I was well compensated for my responsibilities as an employee at Duke Energy, and the benefits package was great as well.

Cons

I did not really experience any downsides of the company while I worked there. With my position, there was a great deal of travel involved which some people might not have enjoyed but I really liked the traveling. The only problem that I really had was dealing with the help desk within the company. The company uses a ticket system to assign tasks to different teams depending on what was needed. However, sometimes when a problem was reported, the ticket would be assigned to the wrong group and would have to bounce around until we could find the group that needed to handle the problem. Though this was not a huge problem, it did get annoying sometimes. Other than this, I really enjoyed every other aspect of working for the company.

Senior Management is doing a great job. They communicated down the chain what needed to be done and backed us up on our decisions and our work.

187 Other Employee Reviews for Duke Energy (View Most Recent)

Duke Energy is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Station Equipment Expert
    Current Employee - Station Equipment Expert

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros

Duke has great employees at all levels in the power plants. The union and non union employees work together to get the job done. Duke has been great to work for and has helped me move into better jobs over the years. They paid for my college and gave me the opportunities I needed to make a great career. I started in the union and worked my way into a management position. The aging workforce at Duke will give me and others many more opportunities to work into other interesting jobs over the next few years. The benefits are great too. We enjoy good medical, dental and eye care benefits and a great vacation policy.

Cons

Duke has yet to complete the total combination of the latest merger with Cinergy. There are a lot of problems that are handled differently between the Carolina plants and the Midwest plants. The cultures are so different it will be hard to ever make the entire company look the same.

Senior management is almost never seen in the plants.

Great place to work

Former Employee - IT Business Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - IT Business Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

Very interesting and diverse work. The management is generally very strong and employee oriented. There is potential for growth but you need to develop your own networking system. If you are a recent college grad they have implemented programs that help you learn about the diverse areas of the company. They offer a rotation program in the IT department so you can experience many different facets of IT prior to deciding where you will settle.

Cons

Due to some of the downsizing in recent years, many folks have more work than they can possibly manage. Sometimes it takes a little time to get things processed and completed.

Listen to the people in the field that are doing the work. They generally know and understand what is really happening with morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy