Duke Energy

www.duke-energy.com
  www.duke-energy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

Duke Energy is the best company to work for

Former Employee - Local IT Technician in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Local IT Technician in Greenville, SC

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

From the first day that I started work at Duke, I felt like I had become part of a family. I enjoyed working with almost everyone that I came in contact with, and really enjoyed my time there. Aside from feeling included, I really enjoyed the work that I did there. With every assignment I took on, I was given feedback immediately after completing the task whether it be good or bad. Also, everyone that I worked with and/or worked for was very approachable. I felt that I could go to anyone at anytime and ask them whatever I needed to know. If I was having trouble with a task, everyone was more than willing to help out. Communication within the company was excellent. Everyone on the team knew what any other member of the team was doing at almost any given time. Another plus was the compensation. I feel that I was well compensated for my responsibilities as an employee at Duke Energy, and the benefits package was great as well.

Cons

I did not really experience any downsides of the company while I worked there. With my position, there was a great deal of travel involved which some people might not have enjoyed but I really liked the traveling. The only problem that I really had was dealing with the help desk within the company. The company uses a ticket system to assign tasks to different teams depending on what was needed. However, sometimes when a problem was reported, the ticket would be assigned to the wrong group and would have to bounce around until we could find the group that needed to handle the problem. Though this was not a huge problem, it did get annoying sometimes. Other than this, I really enjoyed every other aspect of working for the company.

Senior Management is doing a great job. They communicated down the chain what needed to be done and backed us up on our decisions and our work.

169 Other Employee Reviews for Duke Energy (View Most Recent)

Duke Energy is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Station Equipment Expert
    Current Employee - Station Equipment Expert

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros

Duke has great employees at all levels in the power plants. The union and non union employees work together to get the job done. Duke has been great to work for and has helped me move into better jobs over the years. They paid for my college and gave me the opportunities I needed to make a great career. I started in the union and worked my way into a management position. The aging workforce at Duke will give me and others many more opportunities to work into other interesting jobs over the next few years. The benefits are great too. We enjoy good medical, dental and eye care benefits and a great vacation policy.

Cons

Duke has yet to complete the total combination of the latest merger with Cinergy. There are a lot of problems that are handled differently between the Carolina plants and the Midwest plants. The cultures are so different it will be hard to ever make the entire company look the same.

Senior management is almost never seen in the plants.

Duke Energy powers above the rest!

Current Employee - Nuclear Secuity Officer in Seneca, SC
    Current Employee - Nuclear Secuity Officer in Seneca, SC

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros

You never have to worry about the company's services not being needed anymore as everyone needs power to function in today's world. The population of the work force is more like family than coworkers. Everyone cares about everyone else and their ability to make it home safe to their family at the end of the day. The benefits packages are out of this world witht he company matching more than most do for retirement 401K accounts. Wonderful vacation and pay raise scales keep you from being left behind on the money train. Overal, I have been there more than a decade and nothing major to complain about yet.

Cons

Nothing in over a decade!

Remember that you used to be a line-level worker too!

There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy