There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

I have received as many challenges as I can handle and it has been very rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros

Challenges, Scope of Impact, Dynamic Projects, Energy Sector is Changing, People and Personalities are outstanding, no Dramatics in the workplace, Superb Benefits

Cons

Promotions are not easy to come by because of the tenure many people enjoy. Pay does not seem to rise as quickly as it should.

Young talent can travel much easier than the tenured workforce.

145 Other Employee Reviews for Duke Energy (View Most Recent)

Some companies still embrace the "good old boy" method of promotions

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

Very friendly co-workers, large community presence, great retirement packages for employees

Cons

very senior workforce, no room for professional growth, too many in-house applications that are not compatible with newer technology.

Many managers are not in touch with the day to day operations of their teams. There is also a large disconnect with taking an interest in the lives of their employees.

I enjoyed the challenging pace of work and the professionalism of my colleagues.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

It's all about the people. It was a pleasure to work with the hard-charging folks on my project. I worked in the IT area which is composed mostly of contractors.

Cons

Areas and departments were always being reorganized and I had 4 bosses in 3 years. They were all good people, but it was a bit challenging continuously adjust to each style. When I started, there was no on-boarding process and I had to figure out stuff as needed. (They have one now)

Continue the leadership training program.

There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!