Duke Energy

www.duke-energy.com
  www.duke-energy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

Duke Energy IS a great place to work.

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros

Duke Energy is a great place to work. I believe there really is a genuine interest in doing the right thing and treating employees and customer fairly, honestly and ethically.

Cons

Being a regulated utility, it is sometimes difficult to cost justify new technology and the expense associated with it.

Keep our feet on the ground and don't repeat the mistakes of the DENA days when new and better was the only option. New technology and new business is fun and we desperately need to embrace change. However, we must ensure the base platform is stable and reliable before heading off in new frontiers.

169 Other Employee Reviews for Duke Energy (View Most Recent)

Duke Energy is the best company to work for

Former Employee - Local IT Technician in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Local IT Technician in Greenville, SC

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

From the first day that I started work at Duke, I felt like I had become part of a family. I enjoyed working with almost everyone that I came in contact with, and really enjoyed my time there. Aside from feeling included, I really enjoyed the work that I did there. With every assignment I took on, I was given feedback immediately after completing the task whether it be good or bad. Also, everyone that I worked with and/or worked for was very approachable. I felt that I could go to anyone at anytime and ask them whatever I needed to know. If I was having trouble with a task, everyone was more than willing to help out. Communication within the company was excellent. Everyone on the team knew what any other member of the team was doing at almost any given time. Another plus was the compensation. I feel that I was well compensated for my responsibilities as an employee at Duke Energy, and the benefits package was great as well.

Cons

I did not really experience any downsides of the company while I worked there. With my position, there was a great deal of travel involved which some people might not have enjoyed but I really liked the traveling. The only problem that I really had was dealing with the help desk within the company. The company uses a ticket system to assign tasks to different teams depending on what was needed. However, sometimes when a problem was reported, the ticket would be assigned to the wrong group and would have to bounce around until we could find the group that needed to handle the problem. Though this was not a huge problem, it did get annoying sometimes. Other than this, I really enjoyed every other aspect of working for the company.

Senior Management is doing a great job. They communicated down the chain what needed to be done and backed us up on our decisions and our work.

Duke Energy is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Station Equipment Expert
    Current Employee - Station Equipment Expert

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros

Duke has great employees at all levels in the power plants. The union and non union employees work together to get the job done. Duke has been great to work for and has helped me move into better jobs over the years. They paid for my college and gave me the opportunities I needed to make a great career. I started in the union and worked my way into a management position. The aging workforce at Duke will give me and others many more opportunities to work into other interesting jobs over the next few years. The benefits are great too. We enjoy good medical, dental and eye care benefits and a great vacation policy.

Cons

Duke has yet to complete the total combination of the latest merger with Cinergy. There are a lot of problems that are handled differently between the Carolina plants and the Midwest plants. The cultures are so different it will be hard to ever make the entire company look the same.

Senior management is almost never seen in the plants.

There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy