Duke Energy
www.duke-energy.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Good company, not the most organized intern/co-op program

IT Intern/Co-Op (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

ProsThis company is filled with hard working, genuinely nice people. The compensation is good as well as great benefits. Charlotte is an awesome city, as well. All levels of management seemed very approachable and were more than willing to meet with me if I needed to bring something to their attention. The internship coordinators did a great job to get all the interns/co-ops connected to make the stay in the new (to some) city as enjoyable as possible.

ConsI was hired on in an intern/co-op role and it was not very well planned out leaving me feeling like I was in the way more than gaining experience. I had to ask for work and the work was given seemed more like busy work. I can appreciate that it is difficult to give someone in this position too much responsibilty because it is understood they will be leaving in a short time period and that they do not have the background with the work like full time employees do but there needs to be more of a middle ground than what I observed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter planning is needed. As stated above, I felt like I was dropped into a role that management had not expected to be filled. Aside from this resulting in me being (what I felt like) under-utilized it also made me feel in the way. I did not like having to ask for assignments and especially did not like being given ones that were just parts of a whole; never really seeing the whole project or seeing it through to the finish.

I'm not sure who these reviews come from but I don't have the same experience .

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Duke Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Can't think of any. They say other departments are… Cons: We are pushed to get callers off the line in 300 seconds and are given bad scores for using a sick day, using the restroom,… Advice to Senior Management: Concentrate on providing real customer service, instead of just meeting stats. A lot of money is spent on hiring but you toss it out the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company but room to improve.

Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros: Focus on family is very strong. Management is good and the comraderie… Cons: Poor leadership from top tiers. Salary could improve and additional employees are needed. The company runs too… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more recent college graduates and improve leadership, not management. Lead the company to be the best… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Duke Energy.

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duke Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Duke Energy CEO Lynn J. Good. All reviews posted anonymously by Duke Energy employees.