There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

Good company to work for if you are looking for large responsibility quickly.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

Ample opportunities exist to grow and develop in a technical field. The senior employees are very willing to share knowledge and experience with junior members of the workforce. The company is not shy about giving employees large responsibilities. Project management is the general theme when it comes to engineering work so projects ranging in size are there for the taking.

Cons

The compensation level is not outstanding, but average. Internally, the company has the feel of a government bureaucracy as it has close ties to the government in how its budgets are set and in the speed with which the company operates.

Improve budgeting process to speed up project execution time-lines.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Duke Energy (View Most Recent)

Duke Energy IS a great place to work.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros

Duke Energy is a great place to work. I believe there really is a genuine interest in doing the right thing and treating employees and customer fairly, honestly and ethically.

Cons

Being a regulated utility, it is sometimes difficult to cost justify new technology and the expense associated with it.

Keep our feet on the ground and don't repeat the mistakes of the DENA days when new and better was the only option. New technology and new business is fun and we desperately need to embrace change. However, we must ensure the base platform is stable and reliable before heading off in new frontiers.

Duke Energy is the best company to work for

Former Employee - Local IT Technician  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Local IT Technician in Greenville, SC

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

From the first day that I started work at Duke, I felt like I had become part of a family. I enjoyed working with almost everyone that I came in contact with, and really enjoyed my time there. Aside from feeling included, I really enjoyed the work that I did there. With every assignment I took on, I was given feedback immediately after completing the task whether it be good or bad. Also, everyone that I worked with and/or worked for was very approachable. I felt that I could go to anyone at anytime and ask them whatever I needed to know. If I was having trouble with a task, everyone was more than willing to help out. Communication within the company was excellent. Everyone on the team knew what any other member of the team was doing at almost any given time. Another plus was the compensation. I feel that I was well compensated for my responsibilities as an employee at Duke Energy, and the benefits package was great as well.

Cons

I did not really experience any downsides of the company while I worked there. With my position, there was a great deal of travel involved which some people might not have enjoyed but I really liked the traveling. The only problem that I really had was dealing with the help desk within the company. The company uses a ticket system to assign tasks to different teams depending on what was needed. However, sometimes when a problem was reported, the ticket would be assigned to the wrong group and would have to bounce around until we could find the group that needed to handle the problem. Though this was not a huge problem, it did get annoying sometimes. Other than this, I really enjoyed every other aspect of working for the company.

Senior Management is doing a great job. They communicated down the chain what needed to be done and backed us up on our decisions and our work.

There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!