Duke Energy

www.duke-energy.com

A complete mess of a company!!!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIf you have a pulse you will stay employed - one of the slowest and under performing work forces I have ever experienced. Full of staff augmentation contractors who do the work while Duke employees shuttle to the cafeteria to graze.

ConsA few - The Duke Energy Center (old building in Charlotte) is a total dump - 30+ years old and filthy. Management is unethical (see Progress merger). Workforce works at 3 speeds - slow, slower, slowest. Totally inbred Nuclear program - you start there, you mate there, your children work there. Pay is miserable and tied to the fact there is 5 times the number of employees needed. Worthless IT systems that are totally disconnected and unusable (for example - no remote access with out a Duke boat anchor laptop! - printing is impossible). Never speak your mind or you are a goner.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace CEO and to 2 tiers of Executives and start over. Cut half the employees and 75% of the contractors. Getting real work to do is like looking for food in Somalia!

Appreciative Company, but works at the governments pace

Intern (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Duke Energy as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Employees are fantastic Very appreciative and offer many opportunities of extra… Cons: Slow pace, not much work (does pick up eventually) Advice to Senior Management: Try to utilize everyone has much as possible (and equally),… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company, not the most organized intern/co-op program

IT Intern/Co-Op (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at Duke Energy as an intern for less than a year

Pros: This company is filled with hard working, genuinely nice people. The compensation is good as well as great benefits. Charlotte is an awesome city, as… Cons: I was hired on in an intern/co-op role and it was not very well planned out leaving me feeling like I was in the way… Advice to Senior Management: Better planning is needed. As stated above, I felt like I was dropped into a role that management had not expected to be filled.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Duke Energy.

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!