Duke Energy
www.duke-energy.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

A complete mess of a company!!!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Duke Energy full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIf you have a pulse you will stay employed - one of the slowest and under performing work forces I have ever experienced. Full of staff augmentation contractors who do the work while Duke employees shuttle to the cafeteria to graze.

ConsA few - The Duke Energy Center (old building in Charlotte) is a total dump - 30+ years old and filthy. Management is unethical (see Progress merger). Workforce works at 3 speeds - slow, slower, slowest. Totally inbred Nuclear program - you start there, you mate there, your children work there. Pay is miserable and tied to the fact there is 5 times the number of employees needed. Worthless IT systems that are totally disconnected and unusable (for example - no remote access with out a Duke boat anchor laptop! - printing is impossible). Never speak your mind or you are a goner.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace CEO and to 2 tiers of Executives and start over. Cut half the employees and 75% of the contractors. Getting real work to do is like looking for food in Somalia!

Appreciative Company, but works at the governments pace

Intern (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Duke Energy as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Employees are fantastic Very appreciative and offer many opportunities of extra… Cons: Slow pace, not much work (does pick up eventually) Advice to Senior Management: Try to utilize everyone has much as possible (and equally),… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I'm not sure who these reviews come from but I don't have the same experience .

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Duke Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros: Can't think of any. They say other departments are… Cons: We are pushed to get callers off the line in 300 seconds and are given bad scores for using a sick day, using the restroom,… Advice to Senior Management: Concentrate on providing real customer service, instead of just meeting stats. A lot of money is spent on hiring but you toss it out the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Duke Energy.

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duke Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Duke Energy CEO Lynn J. Good. All reviews posted anonymously by Duke Energy employees.