Duke Energy

www.duke-energy.com
  www.duke-energy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy

Great work life balance, project-orientation but very bureaucratic

Former Employee - Web Analyst in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Web Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

They focus a lot on employee development through training and mentoring, there are lots of opportunities to learn new skills, great compensation and benefits, reasonable amount of travel.

Cons

Very bureaucratic and slow-paced, few opportunities to move up in the ranks, sometimes felt a bit behind the curve

Reduce the levels of hierarchy in the company and keep encouraging employee and career development. Your mentoring program is excellent.

168 Other Employee Reviews for Duke Energy (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for if you are looking for large responsibility quickly.

Former Employee - Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros

Ample opportunities exist to grow and develop in a technical field. The senior employees are very willing to share knowledge and experience with junior members of the workforce. The company is not shy about giving employees large responsibilities. Project management is the general theme when it comes to engineering work so projects ranging in size are there for the taking.

Cons

The compensation level is not outstanding, but average. Internally, the company has the feel of a government bureaucracy as it has close ties to the government in how its budgets are set and in the speed with which the company operates.

Improve budgeting process to speed up project execution time-lines.

Duke Energy IS a great place to work.

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros

Duke Energy is a great place to work. I believe there really is a genuine interest in doing the right thing and treating employees and customer fairly, honestly and ethically.

Cons

Being a regulated utility, it is sometimes difficult to cost justify new technology and the expense associated with it.

Keep our feet on the ground and don't repeat the mistakes of the DENA days when new and better was the only option. New technology and new business is fun and we desperately need to embrace change. However, we must ensure the base platform is stable and reliable before heading off in new frontiers.

There are newer employer reviews for Duke Energy