Duke Energy

www.duke-energy.com

Fun Place to Work

EHD Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly, happy and helpful staff. Lots of committees/programs supporting personal and community growth. Multiple proprietary technologies/applications to peek the interests of all technical backgrounds.

ConsHigh percentage of contractors/vendors; advancement appears to be easier for permanent staff than tenured contractors with 3+ years of service; percentage of advancement from contractor to direct-hire very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall the company appears to be managed pretty well. I would however suggest better management of the deletion of retirees, ex-employees and contracts from various system and database "shares" who were once "owners/administrators" . I was surprised to have multiple experiences where owners/administrator where no longer with the company for a number of years yet still had status for various types of shares and databases.

Interesting company and interesting work.

IT Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Duke Energy

Pros: Fortune 500 company, access to latest technology, interesting company and service delivery. Very nice… Cons: Layers and layers of management slow down the development process. Many decisions… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce the ratio of employees to contractors. Hire more managers from outside of the company. Consider direct hires for IT… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a good job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Duke Energy

Pros: it paid well and had nice people Cons: It did not have enough promotion opportunities Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Duke Energy.

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!