Duke University Health System

www.dukehealth.org

Just like any large company there are problems and there are opportunities.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsDuke offers excellent benefits. Health care, dental care are good but you'll pay for them. Retirement plans for salaried employees are very good with matching contributions. Durham is a great city with lots of culture of all types.

ConsIt is easy to get lost in the system. You'll have to be good at "networking" to get ahead. There seems to be infinite resources for new buildings but not enough to give employees meaningful raises. Management turn-over seems high to me. Managers often lack people skills or technical skill. Hard to find someone with both.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take "worker bees" for granted. Don't assume that we're a captive audience because the economy keeps us from finding another job. Treat us with respect and trust. Give out a kind word or letter of appreciation from time to time.

Duke Post-doc

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good work - life balance. Cons: Fellows who receive their own grants are not considered employees and are not eligible for employee benefits (retirement, etc)… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Snoody Experience and arrogance

RN, Bsn (Former Employee) Durham, NC

I worked at Duke University Health System

Pros: prestige great healthcare advancement growth salary benefits were great if you wanted to deal… Cons: Cliques Not willing to help New Grads Turnover Arrogance Advice to Senior Management: Take a long hard look at your team. I was a proud member of Duke until I came to work there. Management has no clue… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Duke University Health System.

Worked for Duke University Health System? Contribute to the Community!